One of my ravelry boards started a thread on goals for 2011. I thought my creative 2011 goals would be great to share here. What do you plan to create in 2011?
1. Bring joy to the world through my handknits/handspun art yarn
2. Earn $ from selling my handspun & handknits to buy my own wheel and return the borrowed one. Then proceed to bring in a steady stream of income from selling my art/crafts.
3. Knit a sweater from my handspun
4. Sell & Burn down my fiber & fabric stash by at least 50%. (Avoid buying clothes or new materials whenever possible – only bring in materials which have serious *wow* factor)
5. Learn how to make the most exciting and coveted E-fashion (LED’s, sensors & the like)
6. Only make things which serve both function & fashion. Including costumes.
7. Knit a sweater of Becoming Art yarn (in my stash)
8. Design a wall mounted needle/notions holder
9. Get my Studio organized so that the floor is always clean and ready for me to knit/spin/sew in.
10. Sketch up more designs, write up the patterns and post to Ravelry.
11. Learn & apply new spinning techniques.
12. Knit sweaters for the twins.
My first custom knit order came in before Christmas. 2 Andean (earflap) hats for 2 little boys. Both are quite young, (< 3 mo) and would need hats they could wear now and grow into. So, I knit them in 1 year size which will give them a bit of growing room. Some kids have larger heads than others, so if that’s a concern, using exact measurements is always a great starting point. I hope to have some photos of the boys wearing them soon. When I do, I’ll post here. Such Fun!!
My client didn’t want exact matching hats, but wanted me to work with the same fiber. So, I altered the brims, earflaps, and crowns of each hat. Can you tell just how?
Fiber: 80/20 Merino/Silk + Merino >> dyed by Julie Spins, handspun by me!