I've also been throwing panties into my sewing queue here and there. I'm using these as a way to keep things fresh, get a quick win and boost my confidence when projects like making getting the proper fit of a bra.
Welcome to the party sweet Jalie 2568. Take center stage, why don't you?
I made the legs on this pair looser due to how tight they came out on the red lace version. I used something similar to this Designer's Choice, except it was the Joann's version of Lingerie Elastic. Bleah! Yuck! That is the one thing I don't care for. It's a bit bumpy and occasionally I am more aware of the elastic than one should be in their underwear. Underwears (I'm being silly in how I'm saying that) are not meant to be fussy. Not at all.
For this version, I made the following modifications with guidance from Monica:
- used the 38 I cup and took a dart along the wire line to pull the breast toward the center front.
- I also raised the side seams on cradle and back band.
It's said that changes to the fit of a bra should be made one at a time because everything is connected and one affects the other. Bras are such a feat of engineering anyway.
The two photos below show:
- Top: Bravo Bella 2 Version 6
- Bottom: Lane Bryant French Style Cacique Bra
Fit Issues I'm working on:
- East westing - the girls are wandering toward the armpits, even though the fit is really tight.
- The underwires press into my body
- There's a little space or gap under the breast and above the underwire