The fingerless mitts above are a work in progress (WIP) for a client. The fiber was chosen by the client which I then spun into yarn and knit into the fingerless mitts she requested.
- Fiber: Merino
- Dyer: Spinning Awesome Good
- Colorway: The Forest Has a Long Memory
- Yarn: handspun 2-ply super bulky, ~ 37 yards of 4 oz.
- Pattern: Improvised fingerless mitts based on quantity of yarn available vs. needle size vs. minimum length needed to fit comfortably at both wrist, knuckles, and thumb
- Effort to date: 2.5 hours to spin the yarn. 5 hours knitting time (~1 hour left) over 5 days.