For the first time in ages, I sketched on "GOOD" paper. I used this heavy watercolor weight stock that came in a Zentangle kit I received as a gift. Let me tell you, that was hard to commit to using. The thin cube of scrap paper from a supplier that I regularly use is plentiful and I never worry about damaging it. This stuff... I felt like I needed to be on my best drawing behavior. Like maybe I'm not worth using the good stuff. Wha?! Ooo there's an old theme to bust apart.
a) the pattern is running 2 opposite directions (great job cutting it out Gwen!) and
b) The pockets are shorter than on the sketch.
First, instead of folding the fabric selvage to selvage, in my infinite wisdom, I folded it cut end to cut end. Brilliant! Doh! That's ok, because you almost can't tell. I don't notice unless I'm looking closely. Besides, I put these on when I need to see things from multiple perspectives or turn my current view of life on it's ear.
Second, the shorts were at the natural waist, which is great. However, I wanted to try wearing them a little lower. And, I didn't think of it until after I had it sewn together and pockets on - that's how they are constructed, pockets before waist and side seams. Oh well!