To kick off my month, I sketched up a quick idea of the Florence Bra by Seamwork Magazine and a pair of Lace Tanga panties. Keeping with my theme of using stash fabric, I was focused on using a pretty red stretch lace I found at Fabric Depot in Portland a few months ago. Boy was this sketch met with great enthusiasm! I had 3 non-sewers say they would love to join me in sewing lingerie in January if I was willing to teach them. Hmm... those are pretty simple projects, we could stick to panties, um OK!
So I looked into Melissa's Lacey Thong pattern and asked her if I could get away with leaving both scalloped edges. Her advice is to stick with the curved edge as that's what the body needs to hug the pattern around one's curves. Darn, but I do understand the reasoning.
Secondly, that lace is a wee bit scratchy against my skin. I also used a stash knit elastic and enclosed it rather than using plush backed picot elastic which would have helped. White wasn't the best choice since it shows through so much. Black would have been better. Good to know for next time!