I've been wanting to sew without having a huge project. Halloween is coming up and I have a stash to downsize. I needed me some quick satisfaction, some instant gratification to balance out all the physical and energetic cleaning and de-cluttering I've been doing. I've been pouring over Zakka Along 2.0 photos and the book Patchwork Please! by Ayumi Takahashi, known to many as the famous and lovely blogger, Pink Penguin.
Because Halloween is coming up I'm thinking of costumes and fast ways to have even a mini-costume or hat that makes you feel like you're already dressed up but can be comfortable. Enter, the Dino-mite hood in Patchwork Please!
- 10 min one night copying and enlarging the patterns in the book
- 10 - 30 min pre-planning and selecting the colors several days ago (I like to take my time on this step and usually allow several days for my color and fabric choices to settle with me.
- Thanks to the new Jaybird Quilts Sidekick Ruler I bought at Fabric Depot while on the Tacoma Sewing & Design Bus Tour to Portland, I was able to quickly and easily cut out all the triangles in 10-20 min before my dear friend arrived at my house for our dinner date.
- 20 min Layout triangles next to the sewing machine, then chain-stitch them together
- 45 min to Stitch & Press the lining, main hat, ties, triangles
- 10 min final touches