I picked up the pattern right after she talked about them in her "Lingerie Bottoms" seminar at Sew Expo. The entire time I was sewing these shorts I repeatedly exclaimed, "This woman is BRILLIANT!" Sewing was very fun. Her techniques for construction are most intriguing.
Finishing Details - pockets, waistband, hem
I made my waistband like I do my knit ones.
- Stitch the elastic into a band
- Stitch the elastic to WS of Waistband
- Fold waistband over elastic (covering it)
- Attach to the RS of the shorts
- Fold back to correct wearing position and topstitch
Hem is nice and clean with a double fold.