When inserting my measurements, I chose the following adjustments:
- Full Bust
- Larger Upper Arm Fullness
- Belly Protrusion C
- Narrow Shoulders
- Fitted Garment Fit
- Short Neck Length
In looking at how this fits
- Full bust was a GREAT choice.
- Large Upper Arm Fullness resulted in bra showing and a little gaping around the side seams. I ended up taking in a dart at the side seams and it worked out perfectly!
- Belly Protrusion C is too much for my taste. I don't care for how it hangs in the front there. I can tell by how it hangs that there is a void space. It hangs nicely, but wrinkles and bothers me when I sit or walk. Personal preference. I'd try B in the next version. Though the dart made for the gaping at the armhole actually helped fix some of the excess at the belly.
- In the "fitted" version, I'm really glad I didn't choose any larger amount of ease like semi-fitted.
- Neck length didn't really matter.
I used the awesome marking pen I got from Monica at Sew Expo to mark my darts. Gosh that makes it super easy to work with!
I cut out the fitted version with seam allowances. I ended up with the following further alterations:
- Center back at a 1/2" seam allowance (instead of the 3/8" allowed)
- Side seams at 1" seam allowance (instead of 3/8" allowed)
The Finished Dress
My brother was nice enough to take my photos. He also was super silly and gave me all sorts of strange commands for posing. It was fun!
Here's the dress with a fitted cardigan and a triangle scarf. I love the look. Surprising because I'm not really a white fabric kind of person.