Week 5 of the wardrobe architect involves making decisions about your color palette.
In order to figure out what my colors are, I looked at the colors of
- my favorite and most used items in my wardrobe
- the fabrics In my stash
- things I've made
- the color themes that are apparent in each of my polyvore collections.
Using Paper by FiftyThree and my finger, because my stylus was likely squirreled away during one of my cat's frenzied and sporadic playtimes, I created this palette.
Things I noticed:
1. Pink is an overwhelming theme. Can we say "Legally Blonde"?
2. All brights, as much as possible
3. A rainbow of colors, the full spectrum is a must. When choosing my collections, if a color was missing, I actually had to seek it out and put another article of clothing on the collection, otherwise it felt lacking.
4. While I have some blacks, browns, olives, and tans in my wardrobe, I'm slowly releasing them. Those colors were a must for corporate life. They no longer are required and thus, my definition of neutral is changing.
What colors are on your palette?
What is your overwhelming color or "signature" color?
What colors can you not live without?