Jalie has a fun little top called the Sweetheart Top, #Jalie2794. It's really fast and easy to make, and from my research, looks great on every body.
This is my first make of the Sweetheart top. Essentially, it's my muslin. So, I went into this project with the intention that if it did not work out, it could be a sleep shirt. Now that I've made it and have it on? Like hell! This is going to be in REGULAR rotation I tell you. And I can't wait to make more!
I'm really grateful I grabbed this cute zigzag knit print from my stash to use. This is a Riley Blake knit fabric and it was a gift from my mom for my Birthday this year. The color is one of my favorites! Even while sewing the joy of how perfect this color is for me created a bit of a flutter in my heart.
- I cut the upper body to high bust in mostly size Z
- I cut the bust in size CC
- I cut the hips in size EE
- I cut the bolero / front yolk piece in a size CC length which is causing the diagonal wrinkle from bust to shoulder seam. Easy fix.
- There's a tiny bit of wrinkling at the swayback area. I will need to measure and figure out how much to take out. But you know what?! This is the teeniest, tiniest swayback adjustment I have ever had to make. Seriously. I'm all amazement at how damn good this looks in the back. It's practically better than my knit moulage!